Rumor has it that this is Santa's favorite Christmas dessert on the Santa Treat Plate!
This is a family favorite that the kids ask for as soon as eggnog hits the grocery store aisles. The only time of year we can enjoy this special bread is during the holidays when eggnog is available. (Well, don't tell them that there probably is a recipe out there to make egg nog from scratch as I like this recipe to be a special treat!)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray bottom of loaf pan with spray or rub with butter.
2. Combine sugarand butter in mixer and beat on high until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
4. Add one third of flour mixture to sugar batter. Beat on low speed until barely combined. Beat in half the eggnog. Add another third of flour mixture, the remaining eggnog and then the remaining flour mixture, beating after each addition just until combined. Gently stir cherries into batter.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan (I have also used a Demarle mold and cake pan, adjusting the baking time). Bake in loaf pan one hour and 15 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool in pan for five minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
6. For glaze, mix powdered sugar and eggnog until smooth. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
A girl in love with the seasons who wants to cram as much as she can into the 365 days of the year to live a life of bliss. Welcome to What Matters Most Now! I hope you will find inspiration and recipes you love.