Dating couples can teach married couples a thing or two about how to love!
Here are 10 examples of ways dating couples remind "marrieds" how to fall in love, stay in love and keep the romance alive throughout marriage.
1. Date your mate. Call up your partner and ask your your mate out for a date you planned without their knowledge. Build up the date with communication, texts, excitement. Show up at the door with a flower (or bag of flour - ha!)! Open the car door. Courtship is critical! Keep dating. Make time for your relationship.
2. Indulge in public displays of affection. Kiss, touch, hug like you wanted to the first time you met.
-Photo courtesy of Brooke Beasley Photography
3. Get gussied up. Every once and a while swap out the sweats and workout gear for what you wear if you were going out on a date...early on. Shave. Dress up. Add a little perfume or cologne. Slip into that little black dress or add a sports coat or tie.
4. Flirt. Go on. Wink, bat your eyelashes, touch an arm lingeringly, whisper - whatever you do that shows your partner you are interested in them. Be dazzled by their charms. Tell them what you like about them. Gush on.
5. Have fun! Be silly. Do something outrageous. Go kiss at Lover's Lane. Meet somewhere and pretend that you don't know each other yet. Have a sleepover in the back yard under the stars or living room under a fort. Think outside the box and get crazy.
6. Laugh. Challenge yourself to get your partner laughing, hysterically.
7. Stay up all night talking. Okay, maybe not all night. Pretend like you are just getting to know your partner. Ask them all those "getting to know you" questions - I bet many answers have changed. Find out what their dreams are and how they plan to make them come to fruition.
8. Surprise them. Excite them. Be out of the ordinary. Break routine. Write them a note. Give them a token that makes you think of them. Text them to build excitement throughout the day. Plan a getaway and tell them what they need to bring but don't reveal the destination.
9. Pay attention. Be thoughtful. Think of the little things and do them for them. Notice everything. Give good eye contact. Be appreciative. Keep impressing them.
10. Kiss at the front door. Then click your heels together and dance a little jig because you get to go through that door with this person and sleep in the same bed with them. Celebrate the fact that you get to spend your life together. Now remember all the reasons why it's "better to be married vs. just dating".
What are some other tricks and reminders we can learn from dating couples?